Cumberland trail...part two... or is it three...

****** NOTE**** Iexceeded my bandwidth on this account, pictures are down untill the 11th of this month...sorry.

Well...I finally got a chance to get out of the house for a while and hit another section of the Cumberland trail yessterday morning just after daylight yesterday. The view of the falls was obstructed by the leaves so I'm definitely going to have to go back there this Autumn and actually do some skills training.

These were brought down by all of the recent storms I guess. We are going to have a good Acorn harvest this year, I think I'm going to try making some flour.

Signal&

Williams Island in the distance.

IMG_6264.jpg

Looking S.W.

IMG_6266.jpg

Some Fungi

IMG_6268.jpg

A few of the random pictures I took along the trail.

IMG_6270.jpg

IMG_6278.jpg

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

and my view of the river and Edwards point on the right from where I stopped to just sit and meditate for a while.

IMG_6287.jpg

That point over there, is one of the first places Lisa and I hiked to, it's another 12 miles hiking from here.

IMG_6281.jpg

A couple of other views off of that bluff.

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6280.jpg

and one standing back from it on the trail

IMG_6298-1.jpg

I accidentally disturbed a hawk trying to hang over the edge and take some pictures, it moved so fast I almost didn't get any pictures of it.

Hawk-1.jpg

Hawk-2.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
That's why I stay here.

Can't say I blame you. Very nice looking area.

I can get to wooded gorge and stream within twenty minutes but where I live (in the original Cumberland in the UK, even though its now called Cumbria) I don't think there's a single twenty story building in the county.

There might be but I can't think of one.

Can't say I blame you. Very nice looking area.

I can get to wooded gorge and stream within twenty minutes but where I live (in the original Cumberland in the UK, even though its now called Cumbria) I don't think there's a single twenty story building in the county.

There might be but I can't think of one.

I envy you, I used to live on the other side of these mountains in a small town where the only buildings more than one story tall are some of houses. I miss living there, but I don't miss all the wear and tear on my vehicles from daily journeys across the mountain for work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE