Craghoppers Corey micro fleece half price

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Some of the stuff is out of stock - like the 3 quid axe was.

BTW, I just got a pair of zip-off Kiwi trousers on the "reduced" rail in TK Maxx today for £13. Could be worth a look, the branch I was in had others sizes at the same bargain price.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
£13 is very good. I got a standard pair for £20 in their Bournemouth branch a couple of weeks ago, and the zip-offs were even more. BTW - why is it that the S leg is a 31in (I tried them on), even though its supposed to be 29in?

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
£13 is very good. I got a standard pair for £20 in their Bournemouth branch a couple of weeks ago, and the zip-offs were even more. BTW - why is it that the S leg is a 31in (I tried them on), even though its supposed to be 29in?

Hi Old Bones (your name is surely how I feel at the mo!)

As I understand it, it is because the trousers tend to ride higher than the usual jeans type cut of casual trousers and with boots/trek shoes you don't want a gap between the top of your shoe and the fabric of the trouser leg.

I am short leg, long back but out of all the trs I own, I find that the Craghoppers short trs fit the best in leg length.

Cheers

sack

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Thanks for the info - it took me ages to find one that fitted, because there were very few shorts, and loads of regulars. What else is new in TKMaxx...

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
My branch has loads of Trekmates stuff discounted at their clearance prices. I got a sunhat for £3 but it's cr*p and some bamboo material long johns for £3. They have Salomon socks in a merino wool blend down from £22 (or some such ridiculous price) to £3 and £2.50 so I got a few and they are very nice at that price.

Lots of sunglasses and some of them are excellent if you need some and they have been reducing them lower than their already low prices. In a way it's a shame I don't need any. (The misses would have a fit it I bought more shades.) :cool:

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I bought some of the Salomon merino socks last year from TK, and they are excellent (£4-5 a time), and grabbed some more on my last trip to Bournemouth. The Trekmates stuff isn't fantastic, but I got a XXL drysack for a fiver, which looks pretty tough and big enough for a liner.
I did make a mistake when I bought a pair of gaiters - check that they are actually a matching pair. The two got tangled together, and although they looked identical, one is a lot shorter than the other. That's one of the problems with the place, a lot of the stock gets chucked about and mixed up.
Alas, my nearest TKMaxx is miles away, bit it does at least mean that I'm not tempted to buy even more kit.
Have a look at Outdoormagic's gear forum for a heads up on what in - they have a regular thread.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Try Cotswolds for Corey Microfleeces. Every year, you can guarantee that Corey Microfleeces will be on offer at 18 quid. They are excellent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE