Couple of sheaths

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I finished a couple of sheath commissions today, both sheaths are of the same popular dangler style, one is in right hand carry in black with nickel hardware, the other in left hand carry in dark brown and brass hardware. Both are made from 3 -3.5mm veg tan and are cut, awled, dyed, sewn and finished in their entirety by hand.

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

DSCN2281.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

I still have work to do on the sheaths to bring them up to the standard I'm happy with, but all being well these will be on their way to their respective new owners on Friday this week. Unfortunately the photographs really dont do these sheaths any justice whatsoever as i couldnt use my normal wood pile back ground and natural lighting and had to rely on artificial light instead due to the horrible weather.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers chaps, still a way to go before they are finished to what i consider to be an acceptable standard

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Some nice works of art there! How do you dye the leather to make it turn from brown to black, Kepis?

I use a Black dye, sorry if that sounds facetious, but the leather is natural and undyed when i buy it and i just dye it the colour required

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Some great leatherwork there mate!
Left handed, Dark brown dangler with brass hardwear would be perfect for me! :)!!!!!
Oh, that is for me!!!
Mmmmmm!!!

Haydn

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Some great leatherwork there mate!
Left handed, Dark brown dangler with brass hardwear would be perfect for me! :)!!!!!
Oh, that is for me!!!
Mmmmmm!!!

Haydn

LOl, yep only a few hours to wait now and it will be on the door mat waiting for you:)

wildranger

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 29, 2011
Ireland
I use a Black dye, sorry if that sounds facetious, but the leather is natural and undyed when i buy it and i just dye it the colour required

Ah right, I was just wondering if you were using some sort of more "natural" black dye, such as that derived from oak galls or something!

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Recieved my sheath from Mark thismorning, WOW!.
This man really know's how to work with leather.....

Really can't thank him enough!

For anyone wondering what he made me, Take a look at the bottom two pictures (Left handed dangler for my Wright & Sons knife).

Well done Mark...

Haydn

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks for the kind comments Haydn, glad you like it, did chuckle at your wifes comment this morning when i was there - lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE