Cookbook

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good one Barney

I had a bit of a look round last night when you were discussing the Bistort pudding.

Still making it tonight ?

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Everything needs to stew overnight Rich, so I will be making tonight for tomorrows eating.:).

I have not come across any ransoms yet so i will be substituting Jack By The Hedge of which I have found pounds and pounds. I will also be omitting the blackcurrant leaves:(

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Hey Rich,

It was ready this morning and there are two ways detailed to cook it, So just had some for breakfast. I eventually found some ransoms last night, miles away from any water where I had been looking:lmao:. The only thing I omitted was the blackcurrant leaves, as the bistort is quite blackcurranty anyway I don't think it lacked anything because of it.

The dish itself is quite tasty, last night i made a soup with some of excess that I had gathered but was very disappointed as the bloody dandelion overpowered everything. I went to bed wishing that I had not put in the dandelion and thinking that the whole dish was ruined.

However, it was very very nice. Not an acquired taste at all, which I had thought it would be.
It kinda sets like a thick pancake batter in the frying pan and has a good texture.
If I had just barley and oats out on the trail I would have no qualms about knocking up a meal based on those ingredients. You kinda expect it to be crap but its very good.

I will try some baked also later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE