Consolodated sales thread.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James Popham

Dec 25, 2003
Central Croatia
Have this thread up on BB at the moment - had put a link to it from a post in swap shop - thought i'd put it up here too. Had a clear out, have these items up for grabs. Some have been up in the classifieds here before but this thread contains "new pricing" (read reduced!)
Available are:

1x British forces sleeping Bag - it was the current issue when i got it back in 2000 from Silvermans up Mile End. Used only once with a bag liner, very very warm. Very spacious - central zip, easy to pull open from inside, 2 large meash pockets inside to hold whatever you like. Comes with the forces compression sack (without which i have no idea how you'd transport it! - yep it's big!!) If i were dishonest i reckon i could sell this item as brand new - It still has the surplus storage smell hanging about it
New these are around £100 mark, more with the stuff sack i believe. I reckon it should have a value of £50

Assorted, half finished arrows in POC and Doulas Pine - some with bodkins about 7 with broadheads made by myself - all heat treated, made them at college 12 years or so ago. Also some beat up arrows that would be fine for practicing field archery with. - Expect to use these more as trade items. Value - say £1.70 for the broadheads, and £0.90 for the beat ups. I'd prefer them to go as a bundle due to the pain of postage costs. SOLD

2.5mm Leather arm bracer, 3 fingered leather shooting glove - used by myself so it's taken shape for a right handed user.
Few bodkin heads, nocks, and a pencil sharpener for arrows - for putting tappers on the shafts for nocking and attaching tips.

BOOKS:
"Tracking: A Blueprint for Learning How" by Jack Kearney
ISBN - ?? none on this 1999 7th edition
Jack Kearney was a US Border patrol officer Based in Southern California so the environment that the book is based on is the Mexico/USA border region - Semi-arid desert and scrub.
The books a great "how to" in tracking written by a skilled tracker. If you're looking for Britain specific animal sign etc- it's not gonna be that helpful. It's all about learning to track people in a very different environment to that of the UK.
But the principles in this book apply around the world in all environments as the book is devoted to the technical aspects of tracking - "utilizing sun angle, Slope and ground cover" etc.
Good illustartions - if a little dated now as it was first published in 1978.
Totally mint condition! Value of £20 sounds reasonable - if you search on Amazon.co.uk

Tracks and Tracking - Louis Lebenberg - Small photo guide to tracks of South african animals. Very cheap from Amazon - cost me more to post this and the one below - consider them as trade items.
Seasonal Food - Paul Waddington, softback guide to eating whats in season - with recipes!

1xBenchmade 705 axis lock- picked it up on the bay damaged - reground the tip and repaired it- played around with the idea of pimping it - but just made some light mods in the end.
Value: £45, it can easily be returned to its original state as my mods aren't permanent. SOLD
705b.jpg

705d.jpg

Gerber liner lock knife, been discussed around here before somewhere - dinky little helper with red ali frame.
Value: £9

Open to offers - will be sorting out some pics soon.
Over 18's for the knives please

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE