Compasses for Cubs x6

Which sort and from where, would anybody suggest please?

I would prefer decent ones, Silva maybe? but cost is a major factor here as I need 6 and don't want to blow the Cub budget.

I thought something like the Silva field 7.
I would like to purchase accurate tough models as they are bound to get rough treatment.:eek:
Any help appreciated.

Edit: I have found Silva field 7 for £8.49 delivered. seems a good price.

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Yes, the Silva Field 7 is a very good compass for Cubs. Clear, simple, easy to use, tough. The rubber knurling round the dial make it very possitive for little fingers to turn accurately aswell. The most suitable I've used so far with them, be interesting to hear any different suggestions.

( However suitable the compass though , good luck ....... ! Just when I think they've realy got it they go all blank on me again.....?!... aaarrrrgghh! )

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
might be a bit late now but Silva 7s are a good choice. Silva also do (or at least used to do) multipacks specifically for organisations like the cubs and scouts, might be worth getting in touch with them to see if you can get them cheaper like that, bulk buying and all. Hope that helps

Yes, the Silva Field 7 is a very good compass for Cubs. Clear, simple, easy to use, tough. The rubber knurling round the dial make it very possitive for little fingers to turn accurately aswell. The most suitable I've used so far with them, be interesting to hear any different suggestions.

( However suitable the compass though , good luck ....... ! Just when I think they've realy got it they go all blank on me again.....?!... aaarrrrgghh! )

LOL i'll be using "along the corridor and up the stairs" approach for grid refs:D it usually works well.:)

Thanks

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Map and compass supposedly gives discounts to organised groups such as DoE and Scouts. I believe you also get a free map case with each compass worth around 6 quid and free delivery on orders over 12 quid. Saying that, Google checkout can take a while so it isn't a speedy service, but if you're willing to wait a while then it's a good place to get your maps and compasses! They do other things to.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE