commando bergen for sale

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
hi all,
got for sale a ww2 style commando bergen bought from soldier of fortune. is in virtually brand new condition as has virtually no use. think the combination of a bad back and tall frame makes it a little uncomfortable.
well designed, rubber lined and complete. has a tiny bit of damage which i questioned soldier of fortune about, the right hand leather strap which attached to the frame is a short leather strap affair with a buckle. this then attaches to the shoulder strap. this little strap is dameged. they said all they're remaining stock (4) was affected in the same way, and that they had all got a bit of damp in the same area, so i kept it, i was going to cold chisel the rivets apart, put in a piece of dog collar or similar and re-fit the original buckle to do the repair, then re-rivet. not a big job, just haven't got to it as my back is playing havoc and have gone back to more modern rucks.
the pack is still very usable and all the leather has been treated with neatsfoot oil, which i will do again before i send it out.

i'm asking £45 delivered, money via paypal, as a gift or you pay the fee's. payment before dispatch. this is cheaper than SOF and is in the same nick as i bought it. they are in my opinion post war made hi end copies. 'what price glory' are selling them in america, but it is a chance to get an iconic very bushy type rucksack in off the shelf condition, apart from the little repair. (jack russell not included)

here are some pics' pm me for more info.

cheers everyone.

ww2frame.jpg

ww2front.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Oh sorry I misunderstood, it finished on ebay a while ago and I haven't got round to re-listing. I had it on for the same price as here anyway so doesn't really make much odds, if it all looks like what year after then give me a pm, beaware it has a little repair required but really shouldn't take long or cost much at all. I've never posted out to nl before but uk postage is £10 due to weight so I reckon nl would be around £18 but I'll have a proper look at costs if year interested. Let me know mate. Its a great bag, another member told me it is actually genuine issue one of the last A frames to be issued by uk mod but I don't really know much about it. The leather work seems of high quality and its up for the task certainly. Cheers.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Oh when I say postage is 10 pounds for uk that is included in the price shown in the original post, so posting estimate to nl would be around £53-55 pounds total item and postage. Just down to size and weight. Might be cheaper if the bag went in one parcel and the frame in another, would poss keep it under the magic 2 kilos. Just means 2 parcels in the system.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Oh when I say postage is 10 pounds for uk that is included in the price shown in the original post, so posting estimate to nl would be around £53-55 pounds total item and postage. Just down to size and weight. Might be cheaper if the bag went in one parcel and the frame in another, would poss keep it under the magic 2 kilos. Just means 2 parcels in the system.

Check with interparcel, DHL 2-5 day delivery for 5kg to Holland is about £25, next day UK less than £10. I've used them a lot sending stoves internationally, great service, pick up from your home. East coast USA 24-36 hours delivery.
http://www.interparcel.com/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE