Coleman 424

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RichardJackson

Forager
Jul 7, 2011
Beccles
I have just tried to use a secondhand 424 for the first time. In dissembling to check the fuel route to the burner for blockages, I took the burner head (201462 cap and fillers master burner) apart. I broke the thin fibre gasket between the stacked parts of the burner head and the body they were all screwed to. Is this a critical part and where can I source replacements, please? They are not listed as a spare part...
Oh the joy!
Thank you, hive mind

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2016
Midlands
Don't know if this too late now, but I use several Coleman stoves and over the years have replaced the fibre gasket you speak of, with ceramic fibre paper off ebay. I can't remember now if I got 1 or 2mm thick, but you can use it double anyway. An A4 sheet costs very little. Just cut your own gaskets - simples!

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Don't know if this too late now, but I use several Coleman stoves and over the years have replaced the fibre gasket you speak of, with ceramic fibre paper off ebay. I can't remember now if I got 1 or 2mm thick, but you can use it double anyway. An A4 sheet costs very little. Just cut your own gaskets - simples!
Nice!

I want to strip mine down - literally - paint, the lot. The gasket was putting me off!

Dec 26, 2016
Midlands
Update - I just found the remaining half of my A4 sheet of this stuff - it was the 2mm thick sheet. I can't remember how long ago it was I got it, but I don't think it was more than a fiver, and enough to do loads of gaskets, including the one on my domestic gas boiler, between the burner enclosure, and the small glass pilot light window.
On the envelope is a label that reads:

"Smile Awhile" Ceramic Fibre Paper For Glass Artwork A4 size x 2mm thick

On the down side, included in the pack was the slip that reads:

Please be advised
This product contains Aluminium Silicate Wool (RCF/ASW)
Based on animal testing, the inhalation of RCF/ASW dust may cause cancer.
Minimise dust.

Reactions: RichardJackson

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE