Cocoa sachets

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, I am always very grateful that I can have my father round to stay...and he wants to visit me!

But he likes things I wont eat (or drink.)

I now thanks to you lot have some coffee sachets, and I can get mini jars of marmalade.

But he likes cocoa last thing at night and I only have chocolate....

you can buy hot chocolate in sachets, and horlicks...but cocoa only comes in tubs.

Any source for individual cocoa sachets?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I make 'proper' cocoa but for a quick fix I'll be honest and say I make up Tesco instant hot choc, about 80p for a re seal pouch (use more powder for a stronger brew) and add a good dash of evaporated milk, I'd be surprised if he did not come back for more.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
'Hot chocolate' is sugar, dried milk powder and very finely ground cocoa powder. It dissolves in hot liquid, usually people make it with milk.

Cocoa is the ground up de-fatted cocoa beans. By itself it has very strong and bitter flavour. You have to make it into a paste with hot liquid then gradually add more liquid and heat.

People who aren't overkeen on very sweet drinks will prefer cocoa drink - usually you add some sugar and milk.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
'Hot chocolate' is sugar, dried milk powder and very finely ground cocoa powder. It dissolves in hot liquid, usually people make it with milk.

Cocoa is the ground up de-fatted cocoa beans. By itself it has very strong and bitter flavour. You have to make it into a paste with hot liquid then gradually add more liquid and heat.

People who aren't overkeen on very sweet drinks will prefer cocoa drink - usually you add some sugar and milk.

So what you're calling cocoa is just the unadulterated powder we call by either name (chocolate or cocoa)

Yeah those recipes sound more or less the same for finished drinks here as well although we rarely make a paste with the powder; we just mix it with milk and sugar to make home made hot or cold drinks.

Now that I know what the OP's asking my advice would either be the same as Mountain's (just buy a small tub of cocoa as it doesn't go off) or try to find instant satchets of instant Dark Chocolate (it's a bit less sweet)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Why store it? If you don't use it yourself why not just let your dad take any remainder home with him?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE