Close..... But No Cigar.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just sharing for peoples interest.

I have the occasional dabble on the National Lottery and sometimes the Euromillions - I like having the ticket in my wallet for the reason that up until I actually check the Ticket my subconscious suggests to me that there is an Element of Hope in my life that I have won BIG! and for that time ( from purchasing Ticket to Checking Ticket life seems a tad more , optimistic... )

I guess now thinking about it, that its a bit like a version of Schrödinger's cat for the wistful romantics or born-to-lose serial gambler.

Anyhooooooooo.

I had 6 out of 7 numbers on the Euromillions on Friday.

Four Standard numbers and Two of the Lucky Star Numbers. (
getting exciting isn't it... :) )

Probably the closest I'm EVER going to get and I will have more chance of eating the Moon with a Blunt Spoon but the fates smiled upon , the planets aligned , My star Sign rose in the East and the little Golden Buddha I own had an extra belly rub....

LOTTERY.jpg

Odds of that you may ask?

1 in 621,503 apparently.

LOTTERY2.PNG

Anyway, Just sharing - I thought some may find it interesting/amusing - and many thanks to the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan for making it all possible.

Who else is a Lottery Bug? Or have we any Big winners in our Midst ?

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Ah. The lottery. I've seen people on it like a drug, I'm not keen. No disrespect, but money should be earned not won, ya know? Well I say money. It's just the stuff you trade for the stuff you need. I'm not a commy but if I could bypass money I would.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its very good for raising money for Heritage projects.

I aim to get on such a scheme one day; then I will be a lottery winner. Jobs a good un.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ah. The lottery. I've seen people on it like a drug, I'm not keen. No disrespect, but money should be earned not won, ya know? Well I say money. It's just the stuff you trade for the stuff you need. I'm not a commy but if I could bypass money I would.

No offence taken. Its an occasional muse , not an ingrained habit ( for me at least )

Money should indeed be earned , but then the problem is what we all define the term ' earned ' as?....

The labour of just yourself? or the Labours of others? Investment? Speculation?

So " Money should be earned " ( capitalism ) , " Its just stuff you trade for the stuff you need " ( Barter ?? )

So what are you?

I do indeed earn most of my money :) But I'm always open minded to alternative methods.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbi

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Two or three times each year, I get this silly sensation of "feeling lucky."
So I buy a few lottery tickets in a couple of the weekly draws.
So far, my winnings have more than covered the costs of playing.
I play the numbers in fortune cookies.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Giving people your money so they can use it to grow the economy then taking a proportion of the gains back is earning :). There would be no economy, no jobs, and no value to most peoples lives if some people weren't prepared to do it.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
No offence taken. Its an occasional muse , not an ingrained habit ( for me at least )

Money should indeed be earned , but then the problem is what we all define the term ' earned ' as?....

The labour of just yourself? or the Labours of others? Investment? Speculation?

So " Money should be earned " ( capitalism ) , " Its just stuff you trade for the stuff you need " ( Barter ?? )

So what are you?

I do indeed earn most of my money :) But I'm always open minded to alternative methods.

:)

I don't know what I am to be honest! Confused most of the time :)

I do like the old saying of 'nothing worth having comes easy'

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Bang on the money (pun intended!)

I here the stories of big money winners who end up trying there lives with it. As soon as you win it, it loses its value.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Bang on the money (pun intended!)

I here the stories of big money winners who end up trying there lives with it. As soon as you win it, it loses its value.

To be honest I don't think it just applies to Money. Give a person something that they've not worked for ( laboured ) be that a Car , Tool , Heirloom and because none of their own sweat equity is 'IN' it - its less valued or treasured.

Just my view. :)

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Lotto is just another form of gambling and who doesn't gamble in our modern life?

Think you don't gamble, think again. Anyone have shares, pension, equity ISA, any bank account that gives out interest? Banks gamble with investments which turn a profit using your money, right? You're relying on them gambling indirectly.

Crossing the road or driving sometimes involves an element of calculated risk, gambling again.

Voted in a government but you're gambling on them doing a good job so you're better off not worse off.

Personally I gamble with the odd euromillions ticket. I don't expect to win and sometimes don't even check. For me it's £2 paid for that very short lived feeling that it could be me with all those possibilities the money might bring. Escapism that ultimately benefits society through the lottery fund. I can't see why anyone would see anything wrong with that occasional and non problem form of gambling. It's a kind of elitist view looking down on those who take part. At the end of the day it's escapism the idea your might have the money that could make your life better. I doubt anyone thinks it will be them just it could be them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE