Chuck Norris congratulates bakery...

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The Hungarians almost managed to have a bridge over the Danube named after Chuck Norris, sadly it wasn't to be.

:)

"The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Transport of Hungary organized a public vote online to solicit possible names for the new bridge......On August 1, 2006, Reuters reported that the top candidate according to the online poll was the "Chuck Norris híd", named for American action star Chuck Norris."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megyeri_Bridge

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I vaguely recall an episode of Bruce Parry's tribe, where one of the native kids was called Sylvester after Sylvester Stallone or something like that anyway. It was definately one of the 'tough guy' film stars anyway. I can't remember which one exactly, but it was comical that even in the depths of some rain forest or wherever they'd heard of this film star and named their kid after him. I'll have it watch it again (got the DVD) and see who it was.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
THE TOP SIX ;) CHUCK NORRIS FACTS:

01 Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

02 Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

03 Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

04 If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.

05 Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

06 When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
My Whippet could have Chuck Norris!! :)
She hates fast jerky movements and has told me on more than one occasion that she reckons Chuck Norris is a pussycat.....................and my Whippet dosn't like pussycats :D

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
......on the flipside, another hard man of T.V. has passed on :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm
requiescat in pace
cainel.jpg

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Chuck Norris can start a fire by rubbing two ice cubes together.
When Chuck Norris goes hunting he shoots himself in the leg to give the bear a head start.
Chuck Norris grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his rage.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Chuck Norris can start a fire by rubbing two ice cubes together.
When Chuck Norris goes hunting he shoots himself in the leg to give the bear a head start.
Chuck Norris grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his rage.

Bushy related "Chuck'isms", very good :D

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Definately bad news about David Caradine. Everyone of a certain age remembers 'Kung FU' on TV. Remember in the playground walking around like you were walking on the rice paper? and putting on a calm persona like Kwai chan................ C'mon you know you did!!.................. and asking your mate if he could snatch the pebble from your hand!!? and sticking 2 halves of a subutteo football in your eyes (with a spot of black felt tip) like you were 'the master Po'.....................oh, er just me then :eek: :rolleyes:
On Monday morning everyone thought they were 'Kwai chan cain' (The programme was on, on a sunday) Great stuff. Sad way to go but who can judge?

Anyway, update on Chuck. My whippet called him out today on the phone, and he bottled it. She said you may be fast with your hands Bucko, but I challenge you to a race..............................anyway Norris bottled out.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
The one consolation is that perhaps we can hope for "Kung Fu" re-runs... I've only seen a couple since I watched them as a nipper, and they're still as good as they were, if not better.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, I've just been looking them up... No season 1 new, season 3 only as a Region 1 NCST import (which I'm pretty sure my ancient DVD player won't play), but season 2 is really cheap.

Still, it would be good to see them on TV again - there's a whole generation out there who don't know what they missed.

Were you a fan of The Water Margin too?

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I'd to Google Chuck Norris :dunno: :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

be careful toddy! one look at that rugged beard and you'll happily sell your own children down the river for one night with the chuck!
those new to chuck must be introduced slowly, first the eyes, then a week later the nose, if this goes well the tache, then full blown beard!

many a lass has gone screaming into the hills driven mad by his ruggedness ;)

all hail the chuck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE