Chewing gum pots

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Look like ideal candidates for carrying petroleum jelly or some animal fat, but that's not a truly innovative use.

But could probably glue 3 or 4 of them together to make a hobo/handline fishing kit or jug fishing float.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Look like ideal candidates for carrying petroleum jelly or some animal fat, but that's not a truly innovative use.

But could probably glue 3 or 4 of them together to make a hobo/handline fishing kit or jug fishing float.

Yea, that'd work - they'd hold plenty - must measure the exact volume. Job for this weekend methinks.

Don't subscribe to the hobo fishing thing personally - not cos it's illegal - I just love a rod a line.

One thing I am thinking of is whether they are the right size for a powdered soup/stock container (with added spices etc), so that you could just fire the lot into a billy of boiling water and have a good soup or stew base without measuring anything. This does depend on whether they hold a mint flavour. Otherwise, toothpaste soup anyone?

However I was thinking of non-culinary uses. With a hole drilled in the lid might be a good mini "string in a tin" thing for a bimble bag, to stop tangles.

Last edited:

dennydrewcook

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
maidstone
I've done tests with them and they seem to be pretty air tight and waterproof, mostly put obvious stuff like sugar in them but I have put milk in them when going on day hikes and you can get a couple of cuppas out of one, keeps them cool aswell

denny 😊

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
You could carry a great diversity of adequate foods in 2 dozen of those. Glue them together, base-to-base, for logical organization.

Do you know of anyone who does fine craft work with beads or jewellry fixings and so on? By accident, I bid on several lots of chem lab test tubes in a gov't assets disposal auction. Got them all.
Local native Dene' woman does very fancy beadwork. The beads come in silly little paper packets. I made a few junkwood racks, foam rubber stoppers, and gave her 60 tubes to see her beads in.
Useful bench top supplies containers cost more than I expected.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE