Changing views.

saxonaxe

Settler
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Stayed for 4 nights at a campsite I found on my recent wanderings in the Brecon Beacons area. I'm an easy 2 hours ride from Brecon Town, although home is nearer to Cork than London, happily.
I spend quite a lot of time wandering the unnamed country and Mountain roads around where I live and note any interesting campsite, whether public or potential wild camping spots.

Travelling at my own pace so that I can see the views and smell the countryside, often produces some interesting places to camp.

Pen-y-Fan was my back drop on this trip. Blistering sunshine and just a light breeze made a day like mid summer, and I was pitched up in well under 3 hours from home.

But the mood changes quickly and as always I expect there were those folk on the mountain who wished they had given more thought to appropriate gear and clothing. Even from the distance
of my camp some miles away across the valley, I went from shorts and bare skin to jeans and hoodie in about 45 minutes....

I kept my wanderings to the low ground and found much of interest in the rough meadows in the valley.

Harebells in a warm spot by a gate post.

Home now and switching on the kettle instead of lighting the Trangia...:laugh:

Dan00001

Nomad
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Thank you, love the Brecon Beacons. Do you mind sharing the location of your second picture?

I hiked Pen Y Fan with my four year old son and girlfriend in June. It was a glorious sunny day when we left but by the time we had reached the top it was like winter and blowing a gale. I had packed appropriate clothing so the three of us were wrapped up warm in down jackets and windproof coats but there were plenty of people up there in t shirts. There was one family that particularly sticks in my mind, there were two young kids, probably not even teenagers, in t shirts, arms crossed huddle still pushing for the summit. I wouldn't say it was an extremely dangerous situation, but it certainly didn't look like they were having an enjoyable time like they should have been.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE