Centurio clanger

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
This week I bought a berghaus centurio along with side pockets and an extra karrimor omni pouch.
Cracking set up all goes together well and has loads of carrying capacity.
One big problem,it sits too high on my back.
Any body have any suggestions to make it more comfortable?
If I can't get it comfortable it'll have to go for something with a longer back,I'll probably keep the side pockets as they're useful but the omni pouch is only suitable to fit on molle straps.

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
I boought the same Centurio a week ago and it is riding high too, I was told the shoulder straps need to be broken in then it will eventually sits better.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
The straps do seem to be stiffer than any other berghaus sack I've had.

I think the straps were over-engineered with a view to it being used with the pockets and then loaded with heavy kit.
It is reminiscent of the Snugpak rocketpak, but then I always liked that, but found it a bit flimsy. There again, I am short and wide, rather than six feet and a bit.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It does look a very short pack on the vids I've seen, is it designed to be worn with something else with a heavy load ?

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I think (with hindsight) that it should be worn on top of webbing pouches when heavily loaded so that the webbing harness and rear pouches take the weight ,much the same as plce bergans.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I think the straps were over-engineered with a view to it being used with the pockets and then loaded with heavy kit.
It is reminiscent of the Snugpak rocketpak, but then I always liked that, but found it a bit flimsy. There again, I am short and wide, rather than six feet and a bit.
It's a solid little pack and very well made,I may invest in a response pack to see if that helps or failing that a webbing belt and double rear pouch set.
It knocks spots of the rocket pack and the sabre 45.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE