Cast antlers

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, the deer put a lot of effort into growing these things, -they then tire of them and chuck them away...Talk about a disposable society, eh?

I would like to find some cast antlers...however

...Big deer are unknown here. (Cornwall)

Where would my nearest herd be?

I know there are sika on Lundy (inconvenient)

Fallow at Powderham castle (I emailed and they told me they sell them all to a dealer)

Reds on Exmoor

Aside from going off to Scotland, -any suggestions?

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
around the Truro area, Tregavethan estate has a herd of fallow deer and there are some wild ones in the surrounding area/woods.

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Highland Horn if you want to buy some. He collects from a huge area. Farmed antlers are bigger but have more pith (depends what you want it for).

Any zoos nearby? Evil Bay?

PS I've just looked at the prices and they aint cheap!!!!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I usually come a cross quite a few shed antlers but there seems to have been very few found around this way, and last year wasn't much better. The rodents can make a lot of antler disappear very quickly indeed, so perhaps it's something to do with the wet weather and it's effects on the wildlife in general:dunno:

I collected a large amount of them last year in Japan :angel: thanks to the incredibly high population of cervus nippon-- my best score was four prime pieces in one morning..... but I never found any when i was deliberately looking, always by accident....

now they're all left behind when I had to leave (my) paradise, only thing made from them I kept is my antler-handled kiridashi.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE