Carving base

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Help

I am looking for a large dia log to use as a base for carving with an axe idealy a couple of foot long and 12" min dia

Obviusly too big to post and I am in Bury but travel around the North of England a lot so can collect

Other timber for carving spoons, etc apprciated

Please pm me and we can sort something out , willing to pay cash

Thanks

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
If we're not too far away (Edale), I'm sure we can sort you a chopping block and some carving wood out. At the moment there's the leftovers from this weekend's course outside the front of the house! PM my other half (Robin Wood) rather than myself though as I'm going to be away for the next week.
Nicola

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Help

I am looking for a large dia log to use as a base for carving with an axe idealy a couple of foot long and 12" min dia

Obviusly too big to post and I am in Bury but travel around the North of England a lot so can collect

Other timber for carving spoons, etc apprciated

Please pm me and we can sort something out , willing to pay cash

Thanks

Keep an eye out when driving about. Sometimes you'll see people chopping up wood, or next to big piles of wood - you get the idea - and just ask them. I did this - we were out for a drive. Saw an old country bloke with a tweed suit and chainsaw in his garden chopping up a tree. So I asked for a suitable log. Offered payment which he refused. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Thanks all for your help and also the pm's

Have put out a few feelers and made a few calls this afternoon, also got somewhere to go tomorow

Thanks

Steve

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you`ve got any FC or other pine plantations near you there should be loads kicking about. I`ve salvaged a few nice pieces which we`ve used for cheese and bread boards.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Called in to see Robin this afternoon, what a gent, now sorted with the block and some wood.

Thanks for all your help Robin and see you in September so long as you can teach me how to carve like your family

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE