Carinthia sleeping bag broken zipper ?

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Hi has anybody had a zipper repair for a Carinthia bag .its the actual teeth that are off maybe about 6 or so ..so am i looking at a full new zipper ? Its a defense 6 bag .

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
If you sewed the zip up from foot to the damaged area, is the bag useable?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’ve sewn a zip inside a broken zip, canvas to canvas. It’s a fiddle but not difficult if you have a slow moving sewing machine.

I replaced both sides and the slider but if you can match it up you might only need to sew on one side. You probably know this perfectly well but connect the slider before you start sewing to be sure that you line up. A few tacking stitches and you can open it up and go for a finish.

If a repair kit works and you trust the result then it’s much the better option.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I’ve sewn a zip inside a broken zip, canvas to canvas. It’s a fiddle but not difficult if you have a slow moving sewing machine.

I replaced both sides and the slider but if you can match it up you might only need to sew on one side. You probably know this perfectly well but connect the slider before you start sewing to be sure that you line up. A few tacking stitches and you can open it up and go for a finish.

If a repair kit works and you trust the result then it’s much the better option.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
So Carinthia have just emailed me to say they would send a new zip free of charge ...but none of the repair shope i know want to do it lol

Reactions: Stew

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
It’s a difficult job to do properly post manufacture.

At least you know that you only have to replace the damaged side.

Have you got a sewing machine?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE