Canvas supplier - Central Scotland

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Anyone know anywhere around Glasgow(ish) that sells canvas off the roll? I need to make a better cover for the wee boat.
Would have to be about 60" wide.

Ta,
Josh

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can't get canvas easily around here Josh, but I can get you heavyweight green waterproof fabric if that's of any use.

cheers,
M

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Would it cope with winters ok?
Just want something to buffer the worst of the frost.

Was eyeing this up. Don't mind spending a few quid but knowing nothing about canvas I'd have preferred to have a prod at it before buying.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Would it cope with winters ok?
Just want something to buffer the worst of the frost.

Was eyeing this up. Don't mind spending a few quid but knowing nothing about canvas I'd have preferred to have a prod at it before buying.

The stuff I'm talking about will take anything you care to throw at it, it's intended for trailer tarps.
60" wide and under £4 a metre.

Tbh it looks much like the ebay stuff, but a lot cheaper. It's in Fabric Bazaar on the London Road at the Barras. (they aren't open on Tuesdays) If you can get in for a look say Mary Craig suggested you came in to look at the waterproof fabrics. ;)

On the other hand, John's offer is a good un :D

cheers,
M

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Scott could only get two truck tarps, yon one out at camp and the other is covering his boat(his wee boat isn't so wee).

.......say Mary Craig suggested......
Last time I said that in there it took me an hour to get out again. I've never met a bigger bunch of gossips in my life. :D

May take you up on that John. I have to go down to Irvine some night this week but not sure which yet. I'll give you a bell when I do and if you're in the house I could swing by on my way back up.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Went for the canvas from ebay.

Found this place too while rummaging round the net. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was ever after a wide roll.

All this material shopping had me flicking through the skin-on-frame Greenlander kayak book again last night.
One of these days.....:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE