Canvas for shoulder bag

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I am planning a canvas/leather bag. I did have the idea to use some waxed cotton, although now I have it I am not sure. Its a bit darker green than I wanted and I forgot about the smell.
So I am thinking of going back to plan A, uses a heavy weight olive green canvas.

Does anyone know of a good place to get this from or what sort of weight canvas people have used here before ?

Maybe an old army kit bag would do the job.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Kit bags offer very little usable canvas once you have hacked off all the stitch lines of the bags construction.
Canvas capes (the so called Laavu type) are cheap enough, have great canvas and decent sized bits without sewing holes once you deconstruct them....

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Thanks John. I think I may have found a perfect bag to modify, which will save me hours of work. E Bay item 151350682917

It's the exact shape and size I have been looking for and a shop near me may have them, just got to wait until Monday to call them. If anyone else has come across good ones of these please let me know where.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I just remembered I also bought some of this and may have enough left for the bag I want to try

E Bay Item 181382193694

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE