Camping Spatula

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
Hi Folks,

I've taken to browsing in Poundland once-a-month, and on my latest browse I decided to 'treat myself' to a 99p BBQ-type fish-slice, which I intended to modify:

Fish%20Slice%201_zps7ie8qohp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once I got home, I drilled out the two brass rivets, removed the 'head' and then carved the handle to a profile that I hope will make sense later:

Fish%20Slice%203_zpste8oekba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I drilled the handle and the head to fit some bolts I had, and re-assembled the fish slice:

Fish%20Slice%204_zpsuszjjopl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Fish%20Slice%205_zpscgzgfrxv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The idea is that when I need to pack it away in a rucksack, I can remove the head, reverse it, and bolt it to the handle, making it more compact for packing:

Fish%20Slice%206_zpsqtmb5jw7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The side profile (mentioned above) was carved to suit the angle of the metal 'head' so that it is nice and compact.

Fish%20Slice%207_zps4igry2hx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I could have made it even shorter by trimming off the wooden handle length-wise, might do that later if it makes sense. This hopefully will work well with my stainless steel pots/pan. I'll probably try carve an extra-wide spatula for use with my non-stick pan.

Just thought I'd give you a look at it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE