Bushy beach comb Ardmore point

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well I'm heading down to Ardmore point on sunday for a stroll and beach comb and to gather some things, so I thought I'd kick start the Scottish south meet ups forum by making it an open invite if anyone fancies a wander.

It's a lovely gentle flat circular walk fairly well used but off the track it's dense rough birch, mixed mature woodland on the drier higher ground, raised beaches with caves, nice coves for kelly stops, plenty wildlife and opportunities to practice tarp/hammock set ups if anyone wants to.

I was hoping to get out early Sunday morning.

Adults only please (over 18's).

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I was in H'burgh but just saw this now !

Enjoy ? Geocache in there too. See any seals basking at low, spring tide ?

I was out sailing sunday am. You maybe saw us, red hull, circling the sugarship slowly.

Nick

Never saw any geocache's not my thing, was there from 6.30am (I'm a morning person!)and harvested some elder to make up glue sticks, collected some driftwood for some projects. I saw 6 atlantic seals, several red breasted mergansers, plenty shellduck, lot's of linnets, goldfinches,greenfinches in the scrub, and the usual woodland species in the higher ground. Loads of foxes and rabbits for a surprisingly small area. There were three different camps set up, one very discreet and you could almost miss it. Fishing folk catching zero.

It was great, I had a great view of the sugar ship and porpoises while brewing up on my own wee beach with the KK. It's a lovely wee spot with plenty resources around for wee projects. I was away by 10.30amish and nope never saw a yacht circling the sugar ship.

Next time the tides are right I'll take my canoe/kayak but I reckon you would only get an hour or so paddling either side high tide there due to the vast expanse of mud and sand that stretches far at low tide.

I headed up to Arrochar afterwrads via Glen Douglas as I was teaching the good lady how to find and watch wildlife from serious distances using binoculars and scopes and then using wind to get closer...we saw plenty red dear all very well hidden in mixed oak and birch a very natural setting for these that were origonally woodland animals. Very nice indeed. My good lady is getting good at it, stoats, foxes, deer, otters...:) Yeagh it's a fab time of year.

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Glen Douglas is a remote feeling glen for sure.

Ardmore point is a good we spot. I have never actually gone inland of the path for fear of annoying the landowner. Must explore those caves.

We were not at the sugarship till after midday.

Did you see the Lama ? We saw a roe deer scooting across the bay, facing H'burgh which nearly got splatted on the railway and then tanked up towards Camis Eskan/Ben Bowie.

Nick

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
For those who don't know where it is, it's West Dumbartonshire, between Cardross and Helensburgh. I'll be there from 8am if not before. :)

Had me confused there for a minute. The Ardmore Point I know is on the north end of Mull. It has some nice woods too. Hope the trip went well.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE