Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
A spear-tip bushcraft knife with African blackwood handle made by me a few months ago.

3mm 01 tool steel professionally heat-treated to 58/59rc with a Scandi grind honed to a hair-popping edge.

Overall length 20.5cm

Blade length 9cm,
Blade depth 23mm

African blackwood scales on vulcanised fibre liners. Blackwood is harder than ebony and beautiful to look at and feel. Handle length 10.5cm, handle belly depth 25mm, thickness 20mm. The handle is rounded to sit comfortably in the hand in all positions and move through the hand easily while changing grips. It may not suit those with very big hands.

Sheath from 2.5mm veg. tan leather wet-moulded so the knife 'pops' home. Dyed antiqued mid-brown. Belt loop stitched along side seam so all stitches are protected by the welt and the sheath swivels back a bit when you sit down.
Here it is.

1311585471_820897caf6.jpg

1311570177_46d8eff11c.jpg

1311574731_ce66ff9f69.jpg

The cost is £80 and a photo* including paypal. postage etc.

*After hours spent developing an attachment to everything I make, I need a photo of it with its eventual owner (anonymous 'in-the-hand' shot if you prefer). This is as important as payment. Thanks.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
That looks like a very nice practical user. Sheps gear seems to be of a very high standard.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
That was exceptionally fast! Arrived this morning, beautiful is the only word to describe it. Big enough for most jobs but small enough for neck carry. Pics to follow!!:D :D :D

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Shep,

That knife is a thing of beauty indeed.......will you be making anymore soon?

Kim

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I've got some other knives on the go, but different designs to this one. They'll be posted on here over the next couple of months, if I can part with them...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE