Bunker Firesteel

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Want to have the biggest tool at the Moot? A chance to win friends and influence fellow bushcrafters? Here's you chance.

This is a genuine Bunker Firesteel from firesteel.com, which I bought a few years back and have only struck a couple of dozen times. It comprises a 110mm x 12mm steel in a machined aluminium tube, which has plenty of room for tinder. It comes with a striker, to which I've added my own striker made from a scraper with heatshrink sleeving. Both strikers are attached with a quick-release keyring. In addition there's a magnesium stick, which is 75mm x 7mm, unused but slightly oxidised on the exterior. The magnesium is the same size as a conventional firesteel! Note that this is the previous model from the one shown on their website - exactly the same steel, but the machining is different and it's not wrapped in paracord.

As for how it works? Huge showers of sparks. Just ridiculous.

These things would cost you £75+ by the time you've paid for postage and import duties. Yours for £50 Paypal posted. PRICE DROP TO £45 FINAL PRICE DROP TO £40

Cheers

Tobes

DSCF0151.jpgDSCF0152.jpgDSCF0153.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE