bullwhip and general braiding PDF

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Excellent tutorial! I'd love to have a go at one, just to say I'd done it and for the braiding experience. The only thing I couldn't make out very well was the constrictor knot - the white strands make it a bit difficult for me to make out which strand was going where. I'm not that good with knots I'm afraid!

Apart from that I think that is the bestpresented whip tutorial I've seen. Thanks :)

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
Hi indoorsout

If you look under -google - images - and search for the constrictor knot, you should come up with some good drawings of making the knot. I decided to take photo's of it rather then use a drawing as I thought it was more important to show where and how it was applied - but ye, the some photos ar'nt that good, trying to hold the braid and take photo's was a real act!!!

Paul

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Excellent tutorial! I'd love to have a go at one, just to say I'd done it and for the braiding experience. The only thing I couldn't make out very well was the constrictor knot - the white strands make it a bit difficult for me to make out which strand was going where. I'm not that good with knots I'm afraid!

Apart from that I think that is the bestpresented whip tutorial I've seen. Thanks :)

A constrictor knot is a clove hitch, but you cross the free ends, so really easy to do.

Never tie one on anything, unless you never intend to undo it by any other means than cutting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE