Bullet case slow matches - For swap!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep,

I made several but have 4 to swap! :)

As you can see they are made from spent brass bullet cases, .357 magnum and .223 remington to be precise. They act as the retractor tube and lid!

They are supplied with a length of cotton rope (about 10 inches or more) that has been impregnated with salt petre for easy lighting and I can offer these with an extra treated/untreated rope if you want.

I'd say these complete slow matches have a trade value of around £6-8 depending on any extra rope etc.

In return for these I'd like some diy bits. Brass rob, brass tube, leather, antler and any other bits you may have. :)

I'm also open to small bladed tools, a metal hunting catapult/slingshot or any oddity you may want to offer..

So, pm me if you're interested (or want to know what I'm wearing :rolleyes: ).

Cheers for looking,

Sam

Last edited:

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I'm lucky enough to have one of these, nice bit of kit and well worth the money. Haven't had the chance to give it a proper field test yet though- was mine soaked in salt peter?

Cheers, Joab

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hey,

The ones I sent you are not soaked as I didn't have any at that time. They do however still take a spark and work like they should. The salt petre does make it easier and does make the rope burn more aggressively but it isn't essential (or advised if you use them to light your cig's, pipe etc).

I can provide you with a length of treated rope if you like though mate. :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Bump..

I thought these would be popular enough to have to source a dozen more cases!

Plenty of spair treated ropes too, they burn good and I've been using mine for a while now for a bit of fun when I act like a kid in my garden shed! :D

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
They look ace ... I fancy one! I definitely have a piece of antler knocking around but might need to work on searching for enough to barter a trade. I will look and return!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
They look ace ... I fancy one! I definitely have a piece of antler knocking around but might need to work on searching for enough to barter a trade. I will look and return!

Sounds good mate, I have a box of antler now but I'm still interested in any decent sized lots!

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Im going to have to wait this batch out I think. I have the following piece of antler but am struggling to find anything else I have for comparable trade:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
No worries mate, let me know if you think of anything. :)

I can always hold one back if you like?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE