Brusletto Balder

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up within the EU?

The only place in the UK I can find them are out of stock

Knife-Heaven have them but their online shop appears to be broken.

Is there anywhere else? Any help much appreciated! This looks like a great little carver.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
The Balder is a great little knife, punches well above it's weight once you get it properly sharpened. You might want to hot was the sheath to make it a bit more robust.

Dave

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
The Balder's a great wee piece of kit, with the emphasis on 'wee.' The handle is very short at just about 3 inches long, which makes it a three finger knife for me. It's a great little neck knife/lightweight knife, but it's really not the sort of knife I'd want for carving - a Frosts 120 or 106 would be far more suitable (and almost certainly cheaper and more easily available).

Cheers

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
The Balder's a great wee piece of kit, with the emphasis on 'wee.' The handle is very short at just about 3 inches long, which makes it a three finger knife for me. It's a great little neck knife/lightweight knife, but it's really not the sort of knife I'd want for carving - a Frosts 120 or 106 would be far more suitable (and almost certainly cheaper and more easily available).

Cheers

Well I like the idea of a short scandi ground knife, if I find it a useful size then I'll end up buying a Roselli Bearclaw - which was the one I first spotted, but is a bit more than I want to spend just now. I intend to pair it with my fixed knife when I'm out camping. Been using my SAK but it's really not comfy and gives me hot spots.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
....I like the idea of a short scandi ground knife....

Yeah, a short bladed knife can be very useful. The Roselli Bearclaw looks great, and has a 4.5 inch handle so would be comfortable for extended use. A Frosts 120 has a 2.25 inch blade and about a 4.5 inch handle, so would be similarly usable. The Balder is a lovely piece of kit, but I really think it's too small for extended woodcarving.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE