bravo 1 or f1 micarter , will hapen today please advise .

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
It's go.a be a new bravo 1 or a second hand f1 micarter handled fallky ,it will be a user and abuser so please any advice as the f1 is on a forum and I'm near heenies today cheers Stewart

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Here you go...

Bark River Bravo 1

Fallkniven F1

I have an F1 it is quite chunky and that probably appeals to many, but have a think about what you want to do with your tools? It is (I find) a very uncomfortable knife to work with, the grip will play havoc with your hands if you hope to do any carving, trap making, shelter building etc. In addition the grind on the blade isn't something I like, I know that some folks here have worked on theirs to change it to something they prefer.

I don't know the Bark River, I don't really like how it looks, but if those are the choices you have I'd recommend that one.

But truthfully, fools rush in, have a long think about what you will use your tools for and how the tool will help you complete those tasks. I think there are probably better knives out there. They may even be a bit cheaper. :)

Ratbag

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
For that kind of money there are a lot of truly great knives to choose from. And you're not far off what you'd pay a decent knifemaker to make you exactly what you want.

Just my 2p

Rat

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Iv got a couple of customs but way to nice to use and this is the problem I had even with my beast bayley,anyway went for the bravo and its not a handsome knife but will get used thanks for ans .

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Have a look at the Fallkniven H1.
Always overlooked because it is marketed as a hunting knife(it is a great hunting knife though)
If you look at the shape it is very puukko type, vastly superior oval handle shape than the F1 for prolonged hard use(5mm thick spine-laminated VG10 steel)
Blade may be a bit short at 4" exactly but you can always carry an axe or larger camp knife which you would probably be doing anyway.
This knife is an absolute winner IMO, but one of those knives that you have to pick up to appreciate, it doesn't look anything special in the pics but it is.
Try and watch some reviews on You-Tube and see what you think-no harm done.

In response to your OP- Would go for the Bravo 1 against the F1-no contest.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE