Bog Myrtle beer

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Have about 30 pints of beer made with bog myrtle instead of hops conditioning. Tried it yesterday and it is thin but seems pleasant. I used a light malt. Will be plying others with it after the weekend, interesting to see what they think of it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
William's Bros do some beautiful ales :D We had a ceilidh in Galgael before the millenium and Fraoch was £1 a bottle....t'was a verrry good night :D
Clann an drumma (in their original config before Albannach) were playing. Impossible to sit or stand still when they're on :)

I made sweet gale tincture (intended to be used as an anti midge ingredient) and took it along to a meet up. Someone (we'll spare his blushes) drank it :D :D
Said he could taste it for days :D

M

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I made sweet gale tincture (intended to be used as an anti midge ingredient) and took it along to a meet up. Someone (we'll spare his blushes) drank it :D :D
Said he could taste it for days :D M

Funny what one drank in one's youth, once I had a bottle of beer I found opened at a party and noticed an increasingly strong nicotine flavour from the dog-end someone had dropped into it as i got near the bottom.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Some years ago I went to a medeival festival at a local country park, and had a pint of bog myrtle and honey beer (strictly an ale, since beer has to have hops) and it was one of the finest pints I have ever had.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
"Turkeys, Carp, Hops, Pickerel, and Beer, Came into England all in one year."- Isaac Walton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE