Blue Skies course Fri Aug 14th - Sun Aug 16th 2009

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Heads up in case anyone is interested. I hope to go on the three days and I plan on doing some archery which Blue Skies have agreed in principle as long as I bring along the equipment. I have done a tracking course with Kate that I enjoyed but other than that I have no connection with Blue Skies etc.

--------------------------------------------

Dear Thomas

This summer Blue Skies had not been planning to run any camps. However, folk have been missing spending time in the forests and we are now proposing a wee last minute camp for anyone that is interested.

If we can gather enough folk together then this is what we hope can happen...
Please let me know by Mon 3rd of August if you would like to book a place.

I hope that you are finding time and space to enjoy Earth Skills this summer, and I hope to see you soon.
blue skies,
kate
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Skies Camp
Fri Aug 14th - Sun Aug 16th 2009

The course will be based at Roeburn Wood, near Loch Lomond and would be wild camping, with 'natural' facilities. The course will be fully catered with healthy, happy and preferably organic meals and snacks.

The camp will include the following skills:

- wildlife tracking
- search and rescue techniques
- voices of the birds
- natural rope making
- primitive crafts: burn bowl or spoon making
- drumming circle
- quick tarp shelters
- optional overnight sleep out in the woods (in family groups or solo)
- 'have a go' at flintknapping

The cost for 3 days would be £145/ £90 children or low wage. 50% camp fees will be due by Fri 7th August. There is an optional stay over at Roeburn Wood on Thursday night if folk would like to settle in, are travelling from further afield, or would just like to extend their break. This will cost an additional £10/ £5 children or low wage.

The course is open to families, unaccompanied children (aged 11-16) and adults. There will be 2 instructors, so we will teach skills at a level to accommodate all ages, abilities and interests.

For further information and bookings please contact Kate Hedges. Tel 07984 893436/ 01721 740395 or email (kate.hedges AT edin-home.fsnet.co.uk)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE