Blade ID help please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Hi all.
Going through my carving kit as I’m going to start again ( again!) with doing some spoons so thought I should give them all a quick strop & check over.
I’d forgotten all about this very tight curve blade I bought quite a while ago. I obviously don’t need it as I never bothered to put a handle on it. It will be for sale but I want to ID it first.
I think I bought it with a couple of bigger blades from Nic Westerman but Nic’s site is down so I can’t check. It’s very very sharp!
Does anyone else recognise it?IMG_3404.jpegIMG_3405.jpegIMG_3406.jpegIMG_3407.jpeg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s very very sharp!
So are your pics! What did you use to photograph them?

I can only say it ‘looks’ like Nic’s work, going by the forge finish and particularly the sharpness. As a man of taste with regards sharp things, I’d imagine it was chosen purposefully, ie: you went through “the process” and convinced yourself that only something of quality would do. And then didnt use it. :D

I’m familiar with this behaviour. :lmao:

• Haha
Reactions: plastic-ninja

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
So are your pics! What did you use to photograph them?

I can only say it ‘looks’ like Nic’s work, going by the forge finish and particularly the sharpness. As a man of taste with regards sharp things, I’d imagine it was chosen purposefully, ie: you went through “the process” and convinced yourself that only something of quality would do. And then didnt use it. :D

I’m familiar with this behaviour. :lmao:
Yes that is my usual MO.
Convinced myself that I needed one without any evidence.
Ah well, it will save someone else having to wait an age for one.
I have 3 others by Nic & love them but think I only ordered this one to complete the set.
Took the photos with iPhone 14Pro.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Good to know. All my photos are taken with a 12 Mini, and I’m surprised how good they can look. I like a small phone and upgraded to a 13 Mini because I read the camera had been tweaked. It was absolutely rubbish by comparison and got sent back.

@SoldierPalmer, what’s a twca cam?
TWCA cams are those really round symmetrical curve blades. Like almost a complete circle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE