Black and blue Underquilt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
This is my latest hammock underquilt, just completed today. It will also be the last for a little while.

It is constructed from blue ripstop pertex and black ripstop nylon. This is the only UQ I have made in this combination of colours. I think its a good match and looks good. Blue inner and black outer. The Black out is also waterproof with a good DWR treatment. The pertex is nice and soft as well as being breathable but windproof.

The material is strong, lightweight and allows the UQ to pack nice and small.

http://unsponsored.pinkbike.com/album/Kit-for-sale/

Just under 320g of 800+ fill (thats EU spec) goose down in 6 sewn-through baffles.

p4pb4713162.jpg

p4pb4713160.jpg

Bungee drawcords each end with colour coded drawcord locks, and black grosgrain suspension points on each corner.

p4pb4713153.jpg

Size is approx 150cm by 115cm. So is slightly longer than my usual 120cm 3/4 UQ.

p4pb4713146.jpg

100% polyester gutterman thread used throughout - strong and rot proof.

This shows the UQ in an Exped 5 litre waterproof stuff sack (small) for an idea of pack size.

p4pb4713237.jpg

p4pb4713233.jpg

p4pb4713241.jpg

Cost - £110 inc of special delivery or £100 rec delivery.

Last edited:

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
I have had a couple of qs about the hammock sock. Basically it can add a few extra degrees of warmth to your set up by slowing the windchill effect without building up condensation. It would also give some protection against bugs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE