Bison Bushcraft Knife Sheaths.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Could some kind soul please post a couple of photos, [or enlighten me] of how Roger Harrington Of Bison Bushcraft, attaches the top half of his sheath, the dangler belt loop, to the bottom half of his sheath.

I like the look of it, fro googl photos, but never owned one. Is it a round leather thong he uses? And how practical is it? Is it strong? Ive just ordered some 4mm round leather thong for a sheath Im making for a knife, and I'd like to do something similiar.

Thanks.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have had a few... it's a nice arrangement. Nice and strong. I just sold the knife though so can't take a photo.

This is a previous photo but it only shows the front.

attachment.php

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I think I can figure it out from that photo Squidders thanks. I'll experiment a bit when it arrives.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It's a strange arrangement... from memory...

Fold the leather in half and poke each end from the back through the top holes in the belt loop so that the centre of the length of leather thong is between the two top holes in the belt loop.
Cross them over and into the bottom holes in the belt loop from the front.
Poke each end through the holes in the sheath from the back and adjust how low you want the sheath to hang.
Poke each end through the bottom holes in the belt loop from the front.
Slide both ends up through the centre point of the leather where it goes between the top two holes in the belt loop at the back and make an overhand knot using both ends. The knot should prevent the leather thong from sliding back through the whole arrangement.

If that doesn't make sense, I could probably make a quick video using paper and paracord tonight.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You know what, that makes perfect sense, and I can envision it now. I would never have figured that out, so many thanks Joe. :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE