Birthday celebration in the woods

Sunday just past i hit the ancient age of 31 to celebrate this i had an attack of maturity and went camping rather than drinking....
originally there was five of us going but lisa was unwell with a nasty cold and mesquite did his back so although he visited for a while he did not stay over night

he did show me a new rig up for my tarp i believe its the adroink (hopefully he will be along to put me right shortly)
PC090016.jpg

Teepee got the fire going and the kettle on
PC090017.jpg

After a few brews and some chat whilst watching the bush tv
PC090018.jpg

it was time to get dinner going
the bush kitchen filled with veg
PC090021.jpg

Chef!
PC090022.jpg

all veg prepared
PC090024.jpg

sealing the venison
PC090027.jpg

Adding the veg and then a bottle of good red wine
PC090029.jpg

Two and half hours later
PC090035.jpg

cooked to perfection if i do say so myself
PC090037.jpg

couple of mugs of mulled wine to wash it down
PC090041.jpg

i love it when a plan comes together
PC090042.jpg

As does Teepee
PC090044.jpg

after a good night's worth of conversation covering all sorts of topics including arctic living which i particularly fascinating as its not something i have much knowledge about
i woke at a reasonable hour and teepee got the fire going
PC100045.jpg

then showed off his newly adapted frying pans
PC100046.jpg

plenty of bacon was cooked up
PC100049.jpg

then teepee gave undamiano a lift back to the train station whilst i packed up the kit
quite a lot of surface water which is a lot deeper than usual
PC100054.jpg

cracking night out and company was greatly appreciated

thanks for sharing with my birthday night out

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yup... you were right, I'm gutted I couldn't stay :(

Especially seeing the meal that was cooked in my DO :rolleyes:

Two and half hours later
PC090035.jpg

cooked to perfection if i do say so myself

That rig is the Adirondack windsled pitch, demonstarted to me by Wayland. It's a nice pitch with good shelter :)

If folks want a diagram you can find it on the DD Hammocks Tarp Tutorial page

he did show me a new rig up for my tarp i believe its the adroink (hopefully he will be along to put me right shortly)
PC090016.jpg

udamiano

On a new journey
What can I say. the food was amazing (sorry to those who missed it; Actually no i'm not as it was more for us LOL), the company was top notch.
Thanks go to Sam for the invite, and to Mesquite, and Teepee for the additional company, always a pleasure gentlemen

The food was really one of the best I've had

Da

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I don't have enough superlatives for the food that night, I can still taste it. :approve:

Many thanks for the invite Sam, and for Da's and Steve's (unfortunately short) company. 'Twas a great and evening round the fire.

Sam, you can be camp chef anytime although I think that one was probably untoppable :notworthy

What can I say. the food was amazing (sorry to those who missed it; Actually no i'm not as it was more for us LOL), the company was top notch.
Thanks go to Sam for the invite, and to Mesquite, and Teepee for the additional company, always a pleasure gentlemen

The food was really one of the best I've had

Da
thank you
i tried
I don't have enough superlatives for the food that night, I can still taste it. :approve:

Many thanks for the invite Sam, and for Da's and Steve's (unfortunately short) company. 'Twas a great and evening round the fire.

Sam, you can be camp chef anytime although I think that one was probably untoppable :notworthy
buddy its your turn to cook next time

Yup... you were right, I'm gutted I couldn't stay :(

Especially seeing the meal that was cooked in my DO :rolleyes:

That rig is the Adirondack windsled pitch, demonstarted to me by Wayland. It's a nice pitch with good shelter :)

If folks want a diagram you can find it on the DD Hammocks Tarp Tutorial page

nice rig up steve i shall be using it again
you missed a fine fine meal

udamiano

On a new journey
PC100045.jpg

Caption: "Hurry up, minion, I want fire!"

Minion! Minion! my god man don't you know you have to pay minions now! The working rights minion act 2001 and all that. And you can't have them flayed anymore Bah! what the world coming too :viking:
Besides they are now called Servitude technicians, and you have to have 5 GCSE's and a family member called Igor :twak:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE