Bimble 23-5-2012

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Was that time of the week again, when the intrepid trio of bushcrafters comprising Hugo, Rockmonkey & myself hit the trail again, we didnt really do much today as it was too hot and muggy, so we all took our hammocks, found a nice shady spot in the woods and just chilled out, drinking tea, chinwagging and loads of mooching around, RM & Hugo did a bit of carving and i collected some Ash bark to make a basket

few pics

Walking in

DSCN5685.jpg

DSCN5686.jpg

DSCN5687.jpg

when we got into the trees we saw a Slow Worm just sitting there on the path, it was the second Slow Worm of the day as we saw another shortly after we first set out but i didnt have my camera handy

DSCN5692.jpg

walking up past the Strawberry field, used to be full of wild strawbs, but it's all fenced off these days as there are cattle in there

DSCN5694.jpg

Our objective for the day

DSCN5698.jpg

in the shade of the trees now, hammocks set up and a brew on the go - perfect

DSCN5704.jpg

look round the woods

DSCN5708.jpg

DSCN5709.jpg

the hammocks all set up

DSCN5711.jpg

yup, just hanging in the hammocks -perfect

DSCN5713.jpg

time to head out now, nice natural shelter under a fallen bough

DSCN5716.jpg

went past some lovely fungi

DSCN5721.jpg

all down hill to the cars now

DSCN5717.jpg

DSCN5723.jpg

Superb day out with great company as always nice to see RM back out on the trail as well, oh yes, the best spot of the day, was the male Peacock that walked past us as we all lay in our hammocks lollygaging, have to admit it was the last thing we expected to see today, no pics though as my camera was in my pocket and i really could not be bothered to get out of my hammock, far too comfortable

Last edited:

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
A grand day out!, one of the best!
Really good to be back out on the trail with my Bushcraft Buddy's!
Great photo's as always Kep!
Look's like i'm about to fall out of the hammock, Mind you, it nearly collapsed a few time eh!
You can tell how good a day out you have had, by how many burns you have got!:)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Must admit, that's the laziest day I can remember having, same again chaps.
I'm not bringing any more muffins for you guys as I reckon they are making you lazy.. ha ha.
Cheers chaps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE