Bilmo Bushgear tarp and bilbank bag review!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Just thought I'd do a review on the tarp and bilbank bag I purchased from Ian (Bilmo-P5 of this parish) and tell you how much I love them!

The tarp is in a lovley brown cotton canvas, really watrerproof too, water just beads up and runs off! Its a 3x3m tarp, perfect for one or two people! it is extremely highquality, bombproof reinfocements on the 19 attachment points. The fabric is 180gsm and a brilliant material. The tarp is extremely well made and will last a lifetime. It packs down to around the size of a bag of flour and has a lovley canvas storge bag with plenty of room for cordage. just used it in my Boone challenge and it held up extremely well to the weather of about 2 degrees celsius at night, light rain showers and low wind.it was perfect and a pleasure to use. we always have a fire and close to our shelter too, usually we worry about holes from sparks, but not with this tarp, it is perfectly suited to camping with a fire and is a very versitile shelter.

here are some piictures:

image_zpsd3cd08bb.jpg

image_zps04eaf552.jpg

he also very kindly sent me a bilbank bag water filter, which is also superb! it is a simple and well made product that carries out its fun ction reaslly well and gets the job done. It came with clear instructions on how to use it and it was a brilliant bit of kit to have, and I'd use it over a fancy water filter poump thing any day and twice on sunday! In general if i think the water is clean enough I just drink it, if its not I give it a miss, I have never been sick from it before, but with this you can u=make sure the water is safe with very little hassle and make sure your drinking good clean water!

here are some pictures:

image_zpse76377a0.jpg

image_zpsb81036cd.jpg

In conclusion these are two fabulous products that serve there purpose brilliantly and will last a lifetime. They are top notch quality and second to none. and finally the man himself is a pleaure to deal with and very helpfull in all aspects of the deal.

hope you enjoyed this little review :)!

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you for your review, Cameron. I'm glad you like the tarp.

Please bear in mind that the Bilbank bag is a particulate filter only, ie. It filters solid matter from the water. You should always sterilise the filtered water before you drink it.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Thank you for your review, Cameron. I'm glad you like the tarp.

Please bear in mind that the Bilbank bag is a particulate filter only, ie. It filters solid matter from the water. You should always sterilise the filtered water before you drink it.

Good stuff mate! :)

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Have to agree that Bilmo Bushgear tarp sure is great, feel like it will outlast me in the forest. :D

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Looks good....... Mind if i ask what they cost?

I'd leave that to Bilmo mate, I think price differs on what you want making, e.g fabrics, size and so on, I will say though mine was great value at £80 and incredible quality! :)

Very nice tarp you got there Cameron, and I must say that Bilmo is a very talented guy.

Cheers mate! He sure is a master at what he does! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE