Bernie Garland Bushcrafter FS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
STRICTLY: NO UNDER 18's​

The knife is SOLD

I've decided to pass this on, as I've not used it for nearly a year now and I'm trying to raise funds for a new,(much) lighter canoe, so here it is:

It's one of Bernies own, deeper bellied knives, as opposed to a copy of the Woodlore.

In 3mm O1 carbon steel,(which makes a much better cut, than a 4mm in my opinion) with stabilised elder burr scales, white fibre liners, mosaic pins and brass lanyard tube.

If I say it myself; I've looked after it, it was used a lot, from when I got it back in March 2008, but it has never really needed much in the way of sharpening, an occasional light strop/polish being more than enough to keep it shaving sharp.
P1080076.jpg

P1080083.jpg

P1080077.jpg

P1080091.jpg

P1080094.jpg

I've done my best with the photo's but they're not particularly clever to be honest:(

These are older ones;
P3120005.jpg

P3120008.jpg

The knife did not come with a certificate or sheath, as it was a part ex/trade, so I made my own, personalised sheath. This is not included

However; I will include one of my "Mora Plus+" firesteel, sheaths, as below;
PC290009.jpg

These are made to accommodate a range of knives, including this one and are designed to be extra safe and secure.
The added plus, is that the buyer gets to choose the shade and "colour way" of the sheath.
In other words you can have all one colour from yellow, all the way through the browns, to black or as above; with black edging.

Or possibly* even a custom job,something like this:
P7270011.jpg

There will be a delay in posting, while we sort out the sheath details and then I actually get one made but I can have the sheath ready, within a week* of purchase.

Price:

The knife with "Mora Plus+" to your colour choice:
SOLD

I'm not in a hurry to sell it, so won't be looking at a price drop, part ex or trade;)

payments by:

cheque- 7 days to clear, then another week* to make the sheath.

Postal order- immediate posting ( once the sheaths done* of course)

or if you pay the fee's, I'll take paypal.;) again I'll need up to a week* to get the sheath done.

pm to secure please

any questions just ask.

thanks for looking

R.B.

*: It may take a little longer to get a "full custom" sheath done and there are limits to what I can do, so if you're interested in this option; please contact me via pm to discuss details.

Last edited:

rancid badger

I know what it's like Richard, believe me!

Did I show you this when we were chatting the other day? I can't remember now:confused:

Anyway, never mind, while I'm here, I'd just like to re-affirm that I will not sell this knife to anyone under 18.

I forgot to mention the fact in the thread, when I first posted this afternoon but I've edited the thread now.

Thanks to all for looking by the way;)

all the best

R.B.

rancid badger

Thanks Rich, I did quite enjoy making that one, it gave me a chance to "doodle" again!:eek:

Any time you're ready, just let me know what you're after and I'll see what I can do for you;)

cheers

Steve

PS: The knife is now SOLD pending payment

Last edited:

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
I know what it's like Richard, believe me!

Did I show you this when we were chatting the other day? I can't remember now:confused:

Anyway, never mind, while I'm here, I'd just like to re-affirm that I will not sell this knife to anyone under 18.

I forgot to mention the fact in the thread, when I first posted this afternoon but I've edited the thread now.

Thanks to all for looking by the way;)

all the best

R.B.

You Didn't show me this one no. Looks like a real beauty I'm sure nobody will be disappointed with it!

N

nomis

Hi Steve looks like a beauty am i right in thinking this is steve from chopwell if it is hi mate its simon i used to help you out up at the woods on the bushcraft days it would be good to catch up sometime for a chat are you paddling yet?
cheers simon

rancid badger

Hi Steve looks like a beauty am i right in thinking this is steve from chopwell if it is hi mate its simon i used to help you out up at the woods on the bushcraft days it would be good to catch up sometime for a chat are you paddling yet?
cheers simon

That's the one Simon;) Fence hasn't fallen down yet, cracking job that young un:D

Paddling? Ah say; Paddling?

Well not as much as I'd like but I'm selling off the family jewels, to pay for something nice and light weight, because this beasty is just a bit too heavy to lug around on my tod:
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?25046-Ullswater-(again)

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/fo...472-Ullswater-Top-to-Bottom-(-and-back-again)

I love the SP3 but its just too awkward to get on the car on my own:rolleyes:

Have you got a boat yet by the way?

cheers

Steve

N

nomis

Hi Steve looks good on Ulswater and your boat looks very good i have an Apache that i made its a fibre glass hull then i fitted it out with ash gunnels and oak seats its 16 ft long in cream colour its quite nice and its light weight. Me and the wife still paddle every year in Canada you cant beat Algonquin National park for its sheer size and amount of open water just watch out for the bears. Anyway we must catch up at chopwell do you still play about up there? i think i still have your phone number i will give you a call cheers simon

rancid badger

if funds fall through i'll have this one... bit mad considering my financial situ but i'll cope!

I'll add you to the list Richard;)

I thought this might be a fairly popular one but didn't expect quite the response I've had, to be honest:eek:

Simon: give me a buzz, I've got all sorts of ideas for Scottish paddling trips but no one interested in joining in:rolleyes:

cheers

Steve

rancid badger

I'm usually up for trip north Steve :)

Thank's Rich I've a few dates in mind, I'm very limited on weekends though, due to working a five shift system:togo:

I'm usually off when everyone else is working.

Anyway, I'll give you a shout once I get sorted out with the new boat ( if not before) and see if we can't arrange a trip.

cheers

Now then; just to confirm, the knife is now SOLD.

I've an awful feeling I'll regret selling this but it's a knife for using, not for sitting on a shelf or in a drawer.

Thank you to everyone who took an interest.:)

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE