Berghaus 3-layer Goretex Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Reduced price, now GBP 70,-
For sale is a Berghaus 3-layer Goretex Jacket, Size large, Nylon taslan with Cordura reinforcements at the shoulders, as new.
260408008.jpg

[BTW, I am not angry, I nearly always have an expression like this :)
]I bought this jacket in the nineties, when the heavy-load-carrying was nearly over for me.
It was worn, without a pack, several times, then expertly washed and stored in a cupboard.
These days, I realized I wont wear it ever again.
Due to a life-long medication, I sweat like a pig at the slightest exertion, so its proofed polycotton, and a poncho as a back-up, for me.
For your information:
Waterproof jackets have changed a lot in the last ten years.
Nowadays, the fabrics used are very smooth and soft, with polyester replacing nylon more and more. Longevity taking second-place to a more „natural fabric“ appearance.
Also, the cut has changed a lot, to rather short and body-hugging.
Furthermore, GTX-XCR and Event have made a level of moisture-permeability possible, which was simply unknown a decade ago.
So, if you are after a jacket with a maximum of breathability, stop reading and buy XCR or Event.
If you want the least amount of weight and volume-to-pack, get something like a Berghaus „Paclite“.
Likewise, if you prefer to wear stylish outdoor stuff in town, this jacket is unsuitable for you.
The jacket is cut rather wide: I am 1.72m/90Kg and can easily wear a bulky fleece underneath. The sleeves are long enough to cover even my fingers.
The jacket has a generous hood, with a recessed drawcord-adjustment, a wire-stiffener and a tape/buckle/press-stud adjustment on top.
Gussets under the arms provide plenty of movement.
It has a sturdy two-way zip, covered by two layers and a full velcro.
Five zippered pockets, four on the outside, one inside behind the zip-cover. Please note that the four outside pockets, being sewn-on and sealed on the inside of the jacket, are not waterproof! Only the inside one will be.
The shell is a hardwearing nylon taslan with heavy reinforcements on the shoulders. Its a bit „noisy“, but thats what you get with taslan. And since a Goretex-membran will only live as long as the fabric it is laminated to, this jacket will serve you longer than anything else.
Breathability is good, but, as mentioned above, you can get much better these days. Dont expect XCR-levels.
Alls seams are in perfect order, no de-lamination due to profound sweating and
in-frequent washings.
There is no abrasion on the shoulders as found when carrying heavy packs.
Have a look at the pictures, this jacket is as new and can provide years of service.
260408010.jpg

260408011.jpg

260408020.jpg

260408021.jpg

260408012.jpg

260408013.jpg

260408014.jpg

260408016.jpg

260408017.jpg

260408018.jpg

260408022.jpg

260408023.jpg

260408009.jpg

Its selling for GBP 70,- ,-
A parcel to the UK would be € 8,60. With insurance and tracking code it would be € 17,-.
The former works well, I never lost a parcel no matter where I sent it to in the world
Payment by Paypal or a bank transfer is fine.
With the former, fees are on me. With the latter, check beforehand, banks usually take an arm and a leg.
Have a look at the pics and if you got questions, just ask.
Please note, that the colour red doesnt come out as it is in these pictures. I will tr< and borrow a better camera to make one pic which is more true.
As for sizing:
I dont know how you measure "chest size", which is often referred to here in classifieds. What I can do is measure, on the inside of the jacket from zip to zip, the
total circumference and post it here asap.
My chest, measured over a lightweight fleece, is 113cm=45", if this is any help and there is room for a thicker fleece when I wear the jacket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE