Ben Orford crooked knife

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
NOW SOLD!
This is a left handed, internal bevel crooked knife with an applewood handle made by Ben Orford. I'm asking £35 including UK p&p.

2008_0224Image0010.jpg

2008_0224Image0011.jpg

Thanks for looking.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Thats a good price and Ben makes good tools, O1 well hardened and tempered.

I am always interested in which hooks and crooks people get on with, I saw in your spoon photo you had a Svante Djarve do you use that instead?

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I really tried to get on with the crooked knife but just couldn't, nothing to do with Bens workmanship, just the style wasn't very comfortable for me. I do use the Svante Djarve knife a great deal, it's a real pleasure to use and I really must get around to getting a right handed one too. Just of late I've been using a long handled, double edged knife based on a Pacific North Western indian style that I found illustrated in a book. I made the blade myself and I'm not sure I got the curve right but I like the long handle.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Got it matey, cracking, that will get good use mate cheers :) ....... I have one of bens spoon knives too absolute bliss to use, and hes a nice bloke too :)

He is indeed a nice chap. I held on to this one for quite a while because I really wanted to get on with it but alas, the crooked knife isn't for me.
I hope it serves you well and gets the use it deserves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE