Been Busy With Own Grown

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
We have only had a bit of garden since moving in here in April and it has taken a lot of work but the rewards are coming along.

Bounty%252520so%252520far.jpg

From left to right:- 2 jars of Candy striped Beetroot Pickle, 2 jars of Red Beetroot Pickle, 3 jars of Golden Beetroot Pickle, 2 jars of foraged pickled samphire, 3½ jars of beetroot chutney (Sue's dad's recipe), the last 2 jars (of 4, we had one and gave one to my sister) of Rhubarb and Ginger Jam (my Mum's recipe ) and a jar of red onion jam for Sue's lunches.

I have a question too, one of the red beet jars has not sealed 100% the top flexes when depressed, this was made on saturday so.... do I bin it, eat it very soon or can it be processed to store for later somehow?

We have had some losses too, a Mole wiped out a row of Savoy Cabbages, birds scratched up both our Swedes and Radish seedlings but our only Aubergine plant has two fruits on it and most of our seed grown squashes, 3 types, are doing well so far.:)

Just thought I'd share even though it is not all win win the journey is rewarding in itself.

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE