bedlington terrier

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
not sure how bushy this is but i have been given the job of finding my kids a bedlington terrier pup before santa gets here any of you good people know of any pups going ,they are thin on the ground.i would maybe consider a bedlinton x whippet at a push.does anybody have one of these little characters and how do you find them.thank you

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I know this might sound obvious but have you tried a Google seach for your local area. Often a lot of breeders will turn up. There is also a weekly paper called Scot Adds, available to you I'm sure, which has tons of dog breeders listed usually. Post a pic if you get one. :)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
thats the one klenchblaize ,i have tried the ads and google with no luck but i,ll keep looking ,thanks

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
They arn't a particularly 'popular breed'.May be obvious, but have you tried the Kennel club?They keep lists of registered breeders.I suspect you will have to go a fair distance to find one.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Get yourself a copy of The Countryman's Weekly and DO go for a Bed/Whip lurcher they are truly magical little streaks of lightning with all the good things that come with a cross breed. In my opinion the ultimate rabbiting dog :) and they can also be taught to retrieve with fantastic results, a rough shooting mans dream (can you tell I'm a fan :) )

The Countryman's Weekly incorporates The Working Terrier and there are loads of breeders advertising at the back

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
most breeders have show stock which is like a cross between a poodle and a lamb.try countrymans weekly ads,or ring it up ask for tracey allen and see if you can get phil haynes phone no he goes by poachers pocket lurchers and has been breeding bedlington/whippet/greyhound hybrids for years they get about 21-23" high mostly rough/broken coated and have a quick pace like a whippet.he lives nr leeds and their about £250.you see cheaper ones but they may not be a proper beddie x.my last hunting dog was beddie/jack russel/staffy.he was 21" high, coat like a deerhound and looked like a rough coated staffie in build he died after eating poisen in woods.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
ok people i,ve found a pup at last but guess what ! sods law it is in the other side of the country .the pup is in kent and i,m ayrshire ,there does not seem to be any more pups available anywhere.the pup will be ready to go next weekend but i can,t get off work to travel down,does anyone have any ideas ?the people have sent photos and the kids have seen them ,so i have a bit of a dilemma,any ideas please

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Bit too far north to be of any practical help but I hope you manage to fix something up. I know from experience that once the kids have seen something you are on a loser trying to put the genni back in the bottle. Good luck! :)

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
with the beddie/whippet x i think you only get probs with copper toxicous when its beddie/whippet x beddie/whippet not beddie x whippet.but i could be wrong,im no expert.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
I recommend epupz (www.epupz.co.uk) - search by area, breed etc.

However, if it's not a 'popular' breed, you may have to wait months for a suitable dog. We had to wait nearly six months and still travelled 4 hours to get our Welsh Terrier last year.

Good luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE