BCUK Ventile Jacket

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I bought an XL one of these but having lost so much weight over the last few months I can now walk around in it.... Hasnt been abused still looks as good as new. Anyone got a Large they want to swap?? Also have a Swanndri Mosgiel zip front in green in XL that i need a smaller version of.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
What size are you now (chest)?. I'm looking at getting one of the two for Christmas and am not totally sure what size would fit me. A bit cheeky I know :eek: but it would be handy to know. Thanks

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
That's good to know. I'm a 44" and am on the way down (or so I'd like to think anyway) so an XL may not be the best bet for me in either. With the ventile jacket is the XL still too large if you put a good chunky jumper on underneath? I do a lot of walking in the winter and need something that allows that.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
That's good to know. I'm a 44" and am on the way down (or so I'd like to think anyway) so an XL may not be the best bet for me in either. With the ventile jacket is the XL still too large if you put a good chunky jumper on underneath? I do a lot of walking in the winter and need something that allows that.

I just came back from two weeks in the peaks, and the one time I wore the BCUK jacket i put it on over a t-shirt, jumper and a 5.11 shirt i use as a light jacket. plenty room and more. In fact I am sure i can wear it whilst wearing my swanndri ranger shirt. Thats why i feel i need to go down to the large - the XL is just too large unless well padded out with extra layers. Its warm enough that i usually only wear a t-shirt and possibly a light jumper under it - and that was up on Kinder Scout in bitter cold winds.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Interesting. Is the bcuk ventile pretty warm then? If so I may end up changing what I wear when out in the winter. And it certainly seems that like you an XL will be too big. Thnaks for the help. Certainly learned some useful stuff for what will be an expensive gift - SWMBO will be buying it for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE