BBC - Last man standing

G

GenghisChris

Did anyone else see last man standing on BBC 3 last night?

for those that didn't this is the channels description of the show:

Wed 25 Jul, 10:30 pm - 11:25 pm 55mins

5/8.

Mongolian Wrestling

Six young men have taken on the challenge of a lifetime, to travel the world and compete against the most remote tribes on earth at their own sports, on their own turf. They live as Mongolian nomads, where relentless training for a professional wrestling tournament is only broken up with some of the unpleasant tasks involved in managing the local herd of goats. Strong language and some upsetting scenes.

These nomadic people eat meat and bread almost exclusively, but what got me was the way they treated their flocks (the guy this was based around kept goats) in order to kill an animal they make a small incision in its chest and push their arms into the cavity and seperate the heart from its major artery whilst the animal is still concious. It was really hard to watch, yet even harder to watch was the way they removed the baby rams testicles... eye watering, its on again tonight (in 15 mins) on BBC 3, tune in for an interesting look into the nomadic lives of these people (and the 6 contestants who try their hands at mongolian wrestling) :lurk:

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Haven't seen it yet, the missus has been wathcing it though.

Saw the Mongolian wrestling on "Long Way Round" thought it looked like a right giggle. Particularly fond of the crazy pants and eagle dance...

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Those guys are hard core. I felt sorry for Reiko (sp?) who seems to be picking up the injuries, but to carry on with a couple of broken ribs? Ouch!!!!

I have to admit that the pulling of the conkers had my eyes watering, my legs crossed and a loud "Oooooooh!" emanating from my lips! Nasty!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE