Basic Mountain & Moorland Safety....

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
While in Snowdonia last weekend I spotted one or two who weren't that prepared clothing wise for the weather conditions and from the look of what they were carrying probably hadn't considered the basic safety considerations of a day in the hills.....so with them in mind I made another video.
I hope you guys enjoy it too.
Atb
Neil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08J1p943a-8

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Another cool video Neil 👍...

That sure was blowing up there hey?!
Love Snowdon.

I too have seen some really inadequately dressed people going up Snowdon .
Jeans and trainers and fleecy type of pullovers .
I kind of wanted to tell them but didn't want to sound condescending or anything , in the end the weather was ok for October ...but things can change quickly , especially when it's wet & windy.

I bet the local SAR teams have some stories ...

Thanks for sharing all that information .
I'm adding a whistle to my bimble bag as a result of this video 👍

the last bit of info, about letting someone responsible know what you're doing before you leave and time expected is really important too!

Top job again 👍👍

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
That was shot on Glyder Fach, and the weather was kind compared to the previous day on Moel Siabod. Yet I did see a gut in a padded North Face Parka, skinny jeans, steel capped work boots and a bottle of mineral water he must have bought from the corner shop...heading for Bristley Ridge!

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Good video.......but I'm a bit puzzled......and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm carping -
You don't explain why cutting the survival bag is a good idea or what the cut does. If you are not familiar with survival bags this might not be helpful??

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Peaks, thanks for your comment, its for the facehole, it allows you to wear the bag upside down, helping to keep the weather out and allowing the user to move around to stay warm - you're right - perhaps I should have explained it better

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE