basic bushtools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I have for sale two bushtools, they are the same razor sharp 01 58rc scandi blades I always make but I have handled them with plain elm and apple woods, brass pins/tubes to keep costs down, I am offering them for sale sheath-less at £75 EACH POSTED TO uk international postage will be a little extra. I can make a plain leather belt sheath for another £20 or kydex with leather loop for £25
3bushtools2cheapies005.jpg

3bushtools2cheapies006.jpg

3bushtools2cheapies007.jpg

Last edited:

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
mine has arrived and i am chuffed to NAFFI break

what a beuty,i have rounded the end of a little to suit my hand and added a lanyard.
i cant wait to get marks and signs of use on the lovely wood handle
its going to be used not stored.

any tips on maintaining the blade and handle?
i have bought some danish oil

many thanks again

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Whipe the blade after every use when any moisture gets on it and store it with a bit of oil (not vegetable based) on it. The handle has had 6 coats of linseed oil and coat of wax, after a few goes the wax will rub off you can then take some "oooo" wirewool to the handle quick rub over with the wirewool then oil and repeat up to 10 times, do this as often as you feel necessary.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
mine has arrived and i am chuffed to NAFFI break

what a beuty,i have rounded the end of a little to suit my hand and added a lanyard.
i cant wait to get marks and signs of use on the lovely wood handle
its going to be used not stored.

any tips on maintaining the blade and handle?
i have bought some danish oil

many thanks again

Google "Ballistol" it's a fantastic oil that treats metal, wood, leather and can even be used as an antiseptic !!

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
Whipe the blade after every use when any moisture gets on it and store it with a bit of oil (not vegetable based) on it. The handle has had 6 coats of linseed oil and coat of wax, after a few goes the wax will rub off you can then take some "oooo" wirewool to the handle quick rub over with the wirewool then oil and repeat up to 10 times, do this as often as you feel necessary.

thanks,i just love the simplicity of this knife as much as the price.

i tried it with a firesteel and it was like a meteor shower :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE