Bark River Fox River

joenineo

Jun 4, 2011
cheshire
Up for sale is a black micarta BRKT Fox River.

Basically like new.

I think I polished the handle some time back and that's about it.

Unfortunately I have no idea what happened to the box - as I can't find it anywhere... so there's no box I'm afraid.

Beautiful blade. It's so nice that I can't bring myself to use it, so it's time to let someone else use it.

(Oops .. forgot to add that I am pretty certain that this is the A2 tool steel version, and not the new elmax steel)

Looking for £90 all in.

Any questions, please ask.

Joe.

PS. FWIW - I may only be able to get to the post office later in the week in order to post it.BarkRiverFoxRiver07.jpg

Attachments

• BarkRiverFoxRiver01.jpg
    BarkRiverFoxRiver01.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 75
  • BarkRiverFoxRiver03.jpg
    BarkRiverFoxRiver03.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 60
  • BarkRiverFoxRiver04.jpg
    BarkRiverFoxRiver04.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 54
  • BarkRiverFoxRiver05.jpg
    BarkRiverFoxRiver05.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 47
  • BarkRiverFoxRiver06.jpg
    BarkRiverFoxRiver06.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi. I will take this please.
Pm sent

Good call, and thanks for letting me put my wallet away. The Bark River knives are good, the convex grind is better than the scandi in my opinion.

Let us know what you think of it, the people here have been lead to believe by (Mears, Mora, etc), that a Scandi grind is the ultimate grind. I find them a pain to sharpen due to the amount of metal involved, I'd far rather strop away at something that was already designed as convex than wait for my Scandi to naturally go that way, or try to fight it back to its chisel edge.

beretta686e

Jun 22, 2010
Lancs
Lol. Have been looking at this model for a long time but in elmax steel. Not too sure what this is made out of but the fox river model certainly does have good reviews. Will be my first convex grind knife so will be interesting to see how it is to Sharpen. Find the scandi grind quite easy to Sharpen but can chip if not too careful whilst game preparing (using the moras).

joenineo

Jun 4, 2011
cheshire
Hi. I will take this please.
Pm sent

SPP :D

Will be my first convex grind knife so will be interesting to see how it is to Sharpen.

It's different to scandi for sure. I normally strop the F1 to a decent sharpness - but I still haven't found the sweet spot in my 'technique' in order to get the same "ouch" factor when I gently finger the edge like I get on a scandi. Probably poor technique really.. but the F1 still cuts like a demon. Like Nice65, I'll be interested to see what you think also. As to reviews, if memory serves me correctly "virtuovice" was well impressed with this one for field work. Look him up on youtube - he's really good.

Joe.

Last edited:

joenineo

Jun 4, 2011
cheshire
Edited the thread to add another image that shows a tiny blemish on the blade that I have just found. Can't even feel it on a fingernail, but thought I'd point it out.

Joe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE