Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland. Where to take the kids?

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
Greetings.

I'm new to the site and have noticed how many Scots are gathered here, unsuprising given the beatiful country.

I'm not local, being from Yorkshire an all. I was wondering whether any of the Scots knew of places I can take the wains (Scottish for children), put a tent and a tarp and do a spot of the outdoor stuff?

I have discovered Loch Doon, which looks better without aluminium mushrooms dotted round its shores.

Ideally some where with running water and few visitors who maybe disturbed by the blood curdling howls of my off-spring (they get that from the mothers side!). And not to far from Ayr (I have a huge diesel bill after every outing).

I'd also be interested in taking the wee (Scottish for small) blighters to craft displays, bushcraft weekends and the like.

A wee dram for the best advice! ('A wee dram' is about 3/4 of a pint of single malt.)

Thanks awfully.

Phil

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Ayr is a great place for holidays as generations of Scots will testify. Beaches / ferries/ and the road connections are good to get to outstanding beauty.

Will return when I'm sober & had a little think... The G/f lives in Kilwinnning so I may have to share some malt with you, if you're up to it. You are English??:D :D

G:)

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Ayr the town of honest men and bonnie lassies.
Places of interest for the chuckie stanes, ie (weans).:-

Culzean Castle, between Maybole and Maidens,
Farm Park 2miles from the heads of Ayr next to Craig Tara,
Dean Castle, Kilmarnock.
Loudoun Castle, Galston to Moscow Road.
Electric Brae and Croy shore.
Troon Seacat to Belfast.
Loch Ken on the Castle Douglas Road.
Red Kite trail New Galloway.
Car boot Ayr racecourse sunday.

Have a good time
FIL

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Played a lot of golf up there and fallen out of many a bar come closing time but never camped, sorry

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE