Aspen 4T the petrol / coleman fuel alternative

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I managed to get my hands on a couple of 5l packs of Aspen 4T today (http://www.aaoil.co.uk/environment-Aspen-4T-alkylate-petrol)

I got is from Burnside Garden machinery in Kilsyth (if you go there tell them the canoe guy sent you ;)). When I asked for the Aspen 4T they asked if it was for my camping stove as they had previously only stocked the 2T which is mixed with two stroke oil but the rep had said they should stock the 4T as campers used it in their stoves. It has sold quite well for them as I got the last two 5l tubs but they have some 1l tubs left.

I gave it a try tonight in my MSR Dragonfly and my Coleman Northstar. It worked great in both. The Northstar did seem to prime a bit better and the Dragonfly looked as if it was burning a little hotter. Certainly the flame looked cleaner if you can see such a thing.

Of course the real test will be how it goes in the long term but so far I am pretty pleased. Even if nothing else the fact it does not smell so bad is a big bonus. Plus from the blurb it seems the fumes should be less of an issue when using the Northstar in the tent.

Price wise I paid £11.22 plus VAT for each 5l so all in £26.37 for 10l which will do me for ages.

More dealers can be found on tis page http://www.aaoil.co.uk/environment-Aspen-Stockists but I understand there is a bit of a push on right now to try and get the Aspen 4T stocked in the outdoor shops. this is why they have recently brought out the 1L bottles to compete with the coleman fuel.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thank you MK for backing up what I've been saying on a couple of forums recently about Aspen 4T (including this one)

Its a good fuel and is used a lot in Norway by fellow campers over there. I have talked to a rep of the company about distribution shortages in the UK and I was assured that they are working hard to get the fuel stocked in some of the major camping store retailers.

Your stoves and lamps would thank you if they could speak :)

Richard

PS don't forget Panel Wipe if you can't get the A4T

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE