Ash Cookers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Couple of cooking spoons in Ash, carved octagonal handles and heavily tooled bowls, just for a change, ten pence piece for scale.

53953386571_2b14178d85_z.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Gorgeous.
Really tidy lines and a useful- looking, elegant shape. I'm guessing the timber was green?
Did you use a spoon knife or adze for the bowls? Mind you, it would be a small adze.
Yup, carved in green timber, although i have carved seasoned before, it's a bit of a challenge lol.

Just my Ben Orford spoon knife used to carve the bowl, i do have a very small adze though, but not used on this occasion, i put some pics of it up way back when in this post https://bushcraftuk.com/community/threads/small-adze.107251/post-1335626

Yup, carved in green timber, although i have carved seasoned before, it's a bit of a challenge lol.

Just my Ben Orford spoon knife used to carve the bowl, i do have a very small adze though, but not used on this occasion, i put some pics of it up way back when in this post https://bushcraftuk.com/community/threads/small-adze.107251/post-1335626
Very nice.
Shallow curve on the spoon knife?
Sadly your blacksmith has retired. It looks ideal.
I'm sure Dave Budd could hook me up when funds allow. They're probably a bugger to forge.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Very nice.
Shallow curve on the spoon knife?
Sadly your blacksmith has retired. It looks ideal.
I'm sure Dave Budd could hook me up when funds allow. They're probably a bugger to forge.
Just Bens regular spoon knife, normal curve, the larger of these two

53954079819_4345d0bdb3_z.jpg

Didn't realise Paul (Blacksmith) had retired, not seen him for a couple of years

Reactions: Brizzlebush

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE