Article: Lightwave - Ultrahike 60 - Review

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice read, thanks Lithril......:D I ended up choosing the Lightwave Wildtrek 60, which is a smidgeon heavier than the ultrahike, at 1.48kg. But they are both made from the same materials, and are pretty much identical, but at just £120, the wildtrek 60L has a few additional features. Waterproof stash Pockets on the inside of the hipbelts.
With Lightwave, Im guessing less weight = more money....:)
Anyone wanting a nice 'bridge pack' between a heavier 'mil spec' packs and super lightweight packs, should seriously consider these.
Great for the Hills, and the Forests. + mine came in 'wilderness' green :22:
I too found the double/padded hip belt the most comfortable I've used with 15-18kg.
The black blister at the top of the back panel, is for the tube of a 2L water bladder.
There is a velcro sleeve on the inside to hold the bladder. The Platypus fits pefectly.
The owner of Lightwave has a bit of a rep as being a bit of a maverick , who is more interested in producing quality kit, than mass marketing.
Their tents are excellent also.

Last edited:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Yeah I spent a bit of time chatting with Carol (founder of Lightwave) and he really was very helpful. Glad you like Wildtrek. This review was actually written by Gavin Craig as I had another pack arrive in quick succession, the time I spent using it though I was very impressed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE