Arjo MaxiSlide Hammock

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
With the forecast predicting rain ranging between unpleasant and abusive decided to stay close to home for todays bimble and out of habit swung past the local recycling skips. Allways worth checking, especially after the local kids come back from their DofE trips vowing never to return into the wilderness. Anyhow today yielded what looked like a clearout from and old folks home and in amongst the assorted junk was slider sheet for moving patients. Super tough nylon, webbing around the edges, lightweight, waterproof, washable... stuffing it into my backpack... I wondered...

maxi-slide-first%20attempt.jpg

Uuuugh... going to need a better bit of wood

Yay! Success
maxi-slide-success.jpg

Wide shot:
maxi-slide0hammock-2.jpg

It's a little on the small size but comfortable enough :)
maxi-slide-selfie.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
:yikes: Despite the rolls of neck fat visible in my selfie I'm only 85kg soaking wet, so pretty sure the purple one is a 'small' size.
What's truly scary however is just how much these items cost new, why anybody binned this is insane.

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
They get binned because hospitals/homes etc are now being asked to use 'single patient use' items for infection control purposes. We use slide sheets made of Tyvek now, whoever described them as slide sheets should be had under the trade descriptions act, they don't slide half as well as the fabric ones! So, excellent find, but give it a wash though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE